Sunday, October 27, 2013

Birthday Wishes

Happy birthday, my little brother.  Today we celebrate your life.  It doesn't feel like a very happy occasion, as I know many birthdays didn't to you, but I want you to know more than anything how much meaning your life had, and how much we honor it.  None of us would trade the pain we feel now for having had you in our lives.  Your profound depth, sensitivity, humor, brilliance, and even your struggles touched so many people - especially me.  I hope wherever you are, all the love and thoughts that go out to you today can reach you, and that you are now able to let it all in.  I wish you did not have to leave this world to gain that ability, but hope with the peace I believe you have found, you now know above all that your life really is worthy of celebration.

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I open this page up from time to time just to see that great picture of Jon. While at first it was very painful, it now brings me joy. What a handsome sonofagun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We still think on you, still remember you, still miss and love you. We still wish you with us. I often intend to call you - tomorrow or sometime in the next few days - to check in, follow up and reminisce. Before we hang up we'll say "I love you" because that's what we do.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always in my thoughts on this day, Gur-man. I love you.

    ReplyDelete